Bugzilla, YUI, and other things.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bugzilla 3.2 patches and polish

The next version of Bugzilla has a few UI improvements that I helped to implement. One of the improvements was revamping the page that is used to edit bugs, aka edit_bugs.html.tmpl Bug 374020

The last part of fixing-up the edit page for version 3.2 is removing the knob. Yes that's right, no more knob in Bugzilla. For those of you not familiar with it, the knob is the small area at the bottom of a bug that lets you change the status of the bug. In previous versions of Bugzilla it was also used to assign the bug to people. Once I am done with this last patch the only thing close to the commit button will be the the comments. I think everyone in the Bugzilla community will be happy to see it go. So... RIP Knob!

Lastly once I'm done with this change to the knob, I'm going to start doing a Usability QA and filing some bugs with the polish keyword. My plan is to do a heuristic evaluation of the latest version of the code. Hopefully this will reveal some easy things to fix for the latest version of Bugzilla.

I hope to post the evaluation results to this blog along with links to various Bugzilla bugs filed based on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment